Tuesday, February 2, 2016

#1... is done!

It wasn't fun, but treatment #1 is done.  Friday was a marathon day.  Early to the oncology clinic for chemo class, then labs, then an hour long heart scan then the actual treatment.  I know to plan a little better for treatment day.  I need to eat small meals throughout the day to help with the nausea.  I felt good after the treatment and tried to drink a lot of fluids and walk, knowing that the sickness was about to hit.  It wasn't fun, but it could have been worse.  I was able to get out and about on Saturday.  Sunday was spent taking it very easy.  I rallied on Monday and went into the office.  I did pretty good and left a little early.  I'm just weak...more like, bone tired.  As chemo makes everything crash, the shot is helping my bone marrow rally and keep me on track so I can do this again in two weeks.

I mentioned to Walter and Scout that I knew what it meant to be bone tired.  Scout quickly reminded me that she biked almost six miles on Sunday and she is "really" tired.  Nothing like being put in my place by the seven-year-old.  Sheesh.

Another huge thanks for all the outpouring of support.  Our family appreciates it!



No comments:

Post a Comment