Friday, October 11, 2013

#ebj35

I threw myself a birthday party.
It was awesome.

Starting last fall, I told myself that 35 was going to be the difficult year.  35 was the age my mother was when she was diagnosed with breast cancer.  35 was the age that I referenced over and over when discussing with doctors about my family history and risks.  35 was going to be a bitch to get through mentally.

35 is going to be a breeze.  
I welcome 35.
I embrace 35.
35 is the year that I will get this whole cancer thing behind me.

So, back to my party.  It was held at my new/old favorite bar, Maxine's.  The owners, Rebekah and Hannah, are formidable Downtown Fayetteville Mafia broads that I love.  They know how to throw a fun event and take care of the birthday girl.  Make sure you frequent their local businesses, Maxine's, Little Bread Company and Terra Tots.

Now that 35 has happened, it's time to work on my personal goals for the coming year.  Here is my list, in no particular order:
-  Learn how to back up a truck and trailer effectively, without taking out any other cars, kids, etc.
-  Become range certified and start teaching women's handgun classes.
-  Build my napping house.
-  Convert over to Wordpress (sooner rather than later)
-  Engage in more public speaking, maybe even an open-mic night (eek)
-  Try something that makes me uncomfortable...maybe pilot lessons or scuba diving...maybe coloring my hair.

It's going to be a good year.  Even if it isn't, it's going to be another year and I am thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment