Monday, January 28, 2013

This girl is on fire....at least it felt that way.

It's been a fast couple of weeks.  The node biopsy recovery has been interesting.  I healed pretty quickly and made it back to work that next Monday.  As the days went on, my nerves were knitting back together and I experienced many odd sensations.  Nothing like sitting at my desk and feeling like I just came back from the beach with a bad sunburn.

They've confirmed the date for my mastectomies and initial reconstruction.  It'll be the first week of March.  This gives me some time to get things where I want them at work and get the house in order a bit (those who know me, should have just chuckled a little at that last part).

I've been blown away with the out-pouring of support from friends and family and even complete strangers.  So many of the survivors I've been in contact with have been so open with their own stories and experiences.  They make themselves accessible by phone or email at any time of the day and give tremendous amounts of support and encouragement.  What a great resource and asset for me and I hope to be able to return the favor at some point down the road.

Now, about that housework....

No comments:

Post a Comment