Wednesday, June 12, 2013

We Were a Hit!

At least, I'm pretty sure we were.  May 30th was the Northwest Arkansas Listen To Your Mother show.  There were fifteen readers this year and they were all fabulous!  I knew a few of the women before the table read a few weeks ago, but getting to know them more, was a real treat.  They were women (and one man) with such a talent for telling a good story.  The stories were so heartfelt and sincere.  They were funny and sad.   Most importantly, they were real.  As one of the contributors, I was not able to hear everyone on stage, but from what I did hear, the audience LOVED it!  I have also had many people reach out to me since the show and tell me what a great time they had.

A huge thanks to Lela Davidson and Stephanie McCratic for bringing the show to Northwest Arkansas last year and continuing this year.  I think the show will continue year after year and grow in momentum.  It was such a good experience for me.  I submitted a story last year and was not chosen.  My story wasn't very focused and I received good feedback.  With my recent cancer diagnosis, my writing was much more focused and I was happy with how it all came together.  

I know that they would love to hear from you next year.  There are so many good local story-tellers and I'd love to be in the audience next year when they are on stage.  So, put that pen to paper or those fingers to the keyboard and get your story down!

Thanks to all that came to the show and showed support for everyone.  Thanks to everyone that said that my turtle-shell temporary boobs looked great in my new dress.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment