Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ready For My Close-Up

Front closure pajamas and tops.  
  Check.
Comfy new sheets.  
  Check.
Microwave (haven't had one in eleven years).  
  Check.
Stool softeners and probiotics.
  Check.
DVDs and new Netflix subscription.  
  Check.
Meal train for the next few weeks.  
  Check.
Hugs.  
  Check.
Prayers.  
  Check.
Laughs.  
  Check.
Tears. 
   Check.

I guess I'm as ready as I can be.  I really enjoyed time with family this weekend.  My sister and I had a giggly time last night casting a plaster cast of my breasts.  Not sure what I'm going to do with it (it's staring at me right now from across the room), but if I was ever going to do one, last night was the night.  I also took some topless photos this weekend.  I had another survivor suggest that.  She said that there might be times when I might want to look back on what was.  Again, not sure what I'll do with them (anyone have Hugh's address), but I took them and will have them.

Why do all of this?  I don't know.  I don't know how I'm going to process everything to come. I may need some images to grieve over or to put into perspective the bigger picture.  It's not the breasts themselves, it's the larger issue that they represent.

We all have things that remind of us of our larger life issues.  Mine just happen to be "nearly B" sized.

7 comments:

  1. So that was the craft project! :) Love it!
    We wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery! I can't wait to be right down the road from you guys! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Savage family will be thinking of you and praying for you. You are an amazing person! By the way, I don't know if David told you, but Elysen sleeps with her Arvest quilt every night. If you're in need of something to keep you warm after your surgery, she might let you borrow it for a night or two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you tonight. Take pictures soon after surgery and periodically during your expansion process. You will be amazed to see the change as you go along. It will definitely be a source of encouragement.

    I'm afraid I may have scared a few people (including you) by displaying them too soon after surgery��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all Danna! I can't thank you enough for sharing with me. I appreciate you!

      Delete
  4. You've got this, girl! Let me know where I can fit into that meal train. I make a pretty decent turkey casserole. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you, dear beautiful lady!
    Prayers and hugs.
    Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eileen: I am just reading your blog now after seeing the link posted on your Facebook page. Dana and I send our best wishes and lots of positive vibes to you, Walter and Scout.

    ReplyDelete