Thursday, March 7, 2013

Urine luck!

I'm home and in my own bed!

The surgeries went well and my sweet little nurse, Leeanne, said I was her favorite patient this week (she didn't mention it was a short week).  Both Dr. Cross and Dr. Stacey are happy with how everything went and how my incisions look.  I've been given very specific instructions for recovery and Walter is making me adhere to them (think, nurse Cratchit).

The pain is mostly dull and achy and everything is tight, but it's tolerable.  I'm trying very hard to not use my arms for any pushing or pulling, as that makes the drainage increase and the healing go slower.  It'll be a fun couple of weeks.

I haven't spent much time checking out the surgeons' handiwork, but I'd compare them to two small flat crab cakes.  Dr. Stacey said that it'll probably take about three months before I have the exchange surgery to install the silicon implants.  Lots of office visits the next few months.

Although the last couple of days have not been a cake walk, they were ok.  I had great support from my family and my sweet sister/friend, April, sat with me last night at the hospital.  We had a good time catching up and laughing.  When the night nurse came out of the bathroom after recording my pee collection, he said, "You're in luck, we can remove your IV."  April and I looked at each other and said, "Urine luck?"  Who doesn't love a good pun?

So, my hope and prayer is for a good recovery, free from infection and a clean pathology report.

Thank you to everyone that sent me sweet words of encouragement, prayers, wishes, flowers, cookies, fruit, etc.  I felt/feel incredibly loved and supported.  I love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lady! I'm so glad to hear that surgery went well and you are home and beginning the recovery process. I remember my mom had her surgery right before Thanksgiving...try to figure out how to cook Thanksgiving when you can't lift your arms. Luckily my aunt lived in the same town and we always celebrated together so she did all the cooking that year. Thinking of you and praying for a speedy recovery and treatment plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! It's definitely going to be a challenge for me, but I'm going to be a good patient. :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you heal quickly and without too much pain or drama. You are a positive, humorous lady so I think that will help a lot with your recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear the surgery went well! Sending you good thoughts for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete